It is always so appreciated when a library shares its processes, plans, and documents in this manner. A very impressive and forward-thinking initiative to make change in public service delivery with a user-centered, assessment-led decision-making approach. Looks like they are making good progress:
The Implementation Plan for a New Service Model, lays out an ambitious plan to redirect and redistribute staff efforts to improve user services. This site provides an opportunity to share news, provide access to relevant documents, and track progress towards its goals of:
- Developing a tiered information service model.
- Developing a coordinated instruction program.
- Conducting a thorough job and committee review within Public Services to create proper alignment of effort and realistic jobs.
- Increasing user self-sufficiency.
- Raising awareness of services and resources by developing a comprehensive marketing program